• Cancun is situated on the Yucatan Peninsula on the Caribbean Sea, and located in the state of Quintana Roo.
• The average temperature in Cancun is 80F.
• Cancun is mostly known as a tourist destination, but in stark contrast, it also has a high rate of poverty and is the leading city for alcohol and drug abuse as well as suicide in all of Mexico.
• There are a great deal of street children and vulnerable orphans who are at-risk of falling victim to the child trafficking business that is thriving in Cancun.
• It is difficult to break the cycle of poverty since public education ends after the 9th grade. As a result, unemployment rates are high, and the national minimum wage is less than $5 a day, with many earning even less than this.
How We Serve
Back2Back serves children’s homes and underdeveloped communities, by partnering with individuals, schools, churches, civic groups, and businesses to create a bridge between people in need and people with resources. This is accomplished through partnerships and short-term mission trips, in which individuals and groups work alongside staff members who serve at each of the ministry locations. Back2Back invests in the future of each child by meeting their spiritual, physical, emotional, educational and social needs through a unique 5-point Child Development Plan so that they can become self-sustaining individuals who give back to their community. Our goal is that each orphan we serve would experience restoration. This is accomplished in part through you, our ministry teams and partners, who visit year-round and help provide basic necessities.
We currently serve local children’s homes and an impoverished community, as well as working towards preventing more children from becoming orphans or trafficking victims by supporting several widows and their children. We are excited to deepen our partnership with local pastors and churches to develop additional long-term volunteers, nationals from within the community. We also provide family-style holistic care and educational opportunities to orphans and vulnerable children through the Hope Program and our Child Sponsorship Program.
Mission trip guests stay at modern facilities on the Back2Back campus, located in a secure, gated neighborhood with 24-hour security guards. All water on campus and during work projects is purified and safe to drink. Electricity is the same as the U.S.
Cost and Minimum Age
- The cost for a 7-day trip is $685 (not including airfare).
- The cost includes housing, food, projects, in-country transportation, and emergency medical insurance.
- Airfare and immunizations are purchased separately and are the responsibility of the team. Including airfare, the average cost of a trip to Cancun is between $1,200 – $1,500.
- The minimum age to serve in Cancun is 8.